No grill, no problem! This recipe for Classic Turkey Burgers on the Stove will prove that it’s not how you cook the burger, it’s what inside that counts! Juicy and delicious, you’ll love this recipe.
Every so often, you crave a good burger. Now you can have a guilt-free juicy turkey burger without the hassle or setback of firing up the grill.
Classic Turkey Burgers on the Stove is a great recipe to have on hand for busy weeknights and fun get togethers. You can form the burger patties ahead of time and just refrigerate (or freeze) prior to cooking.
These burgers work great on the stove because they are so moist that a frying pan can keep everything together without falling through the grill of a barbecue. Plus, they are designed to be thin, so they cook quickly and evenly without burning or drying out in any spots.
What’s the secret to keeping these so moist and flavorful? It’s the combination of the mayonnaise and breadcrumbs that are added to the meat mixture. Serve turkey burgers with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and red onion. You could even just wrapped in a lettuce leave if you are looking to lighten up your meal even more.
How to Make Turkey Burgers on the Stove
Firstly, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Then, in a large bowl mix together all of the meat ingredients using clean hands to combine if necessary.
Secondly, roll into eight similar sized balls and place on the parchment paper. Use your hand to flatten into a thin patty.
Cover and refrigerate for about 15 minutes. Alternatively, you could freeze for future use.
When ready to cook, coat a large nonstick skillet with a small amount of oil and heat over medium high heat. If you don’t have a large nonstick pan, this Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 14-Inch Open Skillet is great buy on Amazon. Add the burger patties, being careful not to overcrowd.
Cook for 5-6 minutes per side.
Check out how juicy and perfectly cooked these turkey burgers are! Moreover it’s amazing that you can get results like this on the stove!!
Add a bun and toppings and you now have the best turkey burger ever… and it was made on the stovetop. Enjoy!
Looking for more tasty and easy weeknight dinners? Don’t miss Cheesy Chili Pasta or Chicken and Broccoli Tortellini.
Classic Turkey Burgers on the Stove
- 1 ¾ pounds ground turkey
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs plain is fine too
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- canola or vegetable oil for greasing pan
- 8 hamburger buns
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and leaves removed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- ketchup and mustard, optional
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl using your hands to incorporate if necessary. Mixture will be slightly wet. Divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll into balls. Place on parchment paper, leaving room between the balls. Use your hand to press into a thin patty. Cover with parchment paper or plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Pour a small amount of oil into pan to lightly coat (a pastry brush works well for this). Add the patties, being careful not to overcrowd. Cook for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees. If using cheese, add during the last minute of cooking to melt slightly.
- Place patty on bun and dress your turkey burger with desired toppings.
Want more delicious and easy recipes? Sign up today!
Yum yum this recipe was so easy and delicious my family loved it definitely a winner thank you for sharing your wonderful recipe with us
Yay! I’m so happy you enjoyed it! Thanks for the comment.
Totally amazing! Yum, yum, yum! Scrumptious!
My college student son, a plain beef burger man, raved about the superiority of your burger!!!
This makes me so happy! 🙂
Yum! I love turkey meat. This would be perfect for backyard BBQ~
I love the idea for making the burgers on the stove, then it doesn’t matter what the temperature is outside!
That was the plan with this recipe! 🙂
Cathleen @ A Taste of Madness
Gotta love a good burger! Love that it is made on the stove, because I still don’t have a grill!
Everytime I have made turkey burgers from scratch they were pretty bland, I may not have been zealous enough with the season but your recipe sounds delicious and makes me want to give it another shot!
I love this no grill option for turkey burgers! It is an excellent idea during the winter months. Pinning!