Delicious no-bake Caramel Peanut Butter Krispies are easy to make and so addicting! You’ll love this “no marshmallows” Rice Krispies treat recipe that has a tasty chocolate peanut butter icing.
If you are looking for a quick and delicious recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth, then these caramel peanut butter Rice Krispies are for you! Made without marshmallows, these treats are full of flavor and stay chewy for days.
These Caramel Peanut Butter Krispies are far from your ordinary Rice Krispies treats. The entire recipe is made on the stove and uses just four ingredients to make the most flavorful treats you ever tasted.
Caramel flavor for this bar comes from the combination of the brown sugar cooked with sweetened condensed milk. Then, to give it another dimension of flavor, add a bit of peanut butter for a delicious fun treat.
Lastly, these bars are topped with a chocolate peanut butter icing. This simple icing is made in the microwave and is a nice finishing touch to these Rice Krispie treats.
The ingredients needed to make these treats are:
- Brown sugar
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Peanut butter
- Light corn syrup
- Rice Krispie cereal
- Chocolate chips
All of these pantry staples only require 10 minutes to put together as well as some chilling time. Loved by kids and adults alike, whip up a batch of these simple bars today!
No-Bake Caramel Peanut Butter Krispies
This simple and delicious dessert treat comes together FAST! It’s also a great recipe to make with your little ones. And if you love Rice Krispie treats, give this marshmallow-free version a try. It just may be your new favorite.
Firstly, line a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with parchment paper. I recommend spraying the pan with nonstick spray so that the parchment stays better. Then, in a large skillet, heat the condensed milk, brown sugar, peanut butter, and corn syrup until it starts to bubble. Reduce the heat and simmer for another two minutes. Remove the pan from heat.
Next, add in the Rice Krispies cereal to the pan and use a spoon to combine. Pour the entire mixture in the prepared baking pan. Use either clean damp hands or a rubber spatula to press the bars into the pan.
Let the bars cool prior to adding the frosting. To make the frosting, simply microwave the chocolate and peanut butter on low heat, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. Once the mixture is completely melted, pour overtop of the cooled bars and use a spoon to spread.
This recipe doesn’t yield a large amount of icing, just enough to thinly coat the top of the bars. Be sure to cool the bars completely before removing from pan and cutting into squares.
More No-Bake Desserts
Nothing better than having a couple of go-to dessert recipes that are simple to make. I love to have no-bake recipes on hand for the warmer months, when I don’t want to turn on the oven. They are also great when little hands want to help you out in the kitchen.
Here are some favorite no-bake dessert recipes:
- Chocolate Coconut Cookies are an all-time favorite no-bake recipe. Sweet piles of oats, coconut, and chocolate make for the perfect cookie.
- Crispy Nutella Truffles are another tasty no-bake treat that uses Rice Krispie cereal in the base.
- Birthday Cake Truffles require just 4 ingredients and are always a crowd favorite! Make these delicious little treats in the food processor.
- Limoncello Tiramisu is another delicious recipe that’s perfect for entertaining. Love that you can make this up to two days in advance.
- Easy Ice Cream Cake is made with only 5 ingredients and tastes better than Dairy Queen. Be sure to add this no-bake cake to your recipe list!
Hope you love this recipe for Caramel Peanut Butter Krispies. Be sure to comment below how you loved it!
Caramel Peanut Butter Krispies
- 9 x 9 inch baking pan
- ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Spray 9 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, ¼ cup of peanut butter, and corn syrup over medium heat. Stiring constantly, bring to a low simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cereal until well coated. Pour into prepared pan and press down using spatula or the bottom of a measuring cup. Cool completely before adding icing.
- Once the treats have cooled, make the icing. Combine chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on low, stopping to stir every 30 seconds, until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over cooled bars.
- Refrigerate bars until firm. Remove from pan using parchment and cut into 16 squares.