Bacon Wrapped Dates may just be the perfect appetizer. This delicious finger food that’s made with just three ingredients is definitely a recipe you don’t want to miss!
Out of all of the different appetizers I make, this is hands down the most requested item. And I can see why! Bacon Wrapped Dates are the perfect combination of sweet dates, salty bacon, and creamy cheese. They are a true flavor explosion full of umami! After making these for years, I have finally perfected the recipe by cutting out the unnecessary ingredients and taking some shortcuts from delicious creamy Boursin cheese.
Moreover, you can make these Bacon Wrapped Dates ahead of time. Prepare the entire appetizer up to 2 days in advance, then just bake before serving.
While the process of making these may look overwhelming, it’s really not. Check out my step-by-step instructions below.
Looking for another easy appetizer that’s fun to eat? Check out my Pesto Tortellini Skewers – perfect for any party or fun get together.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Dates:
Get all of your items together for assembly. First you’ll need to cut your strips of bacon in half. Then slice a slit lengthwise into the date and remove the pit if there is one. Lastly, get a small spoon, like a baby food spoon, to scoop the Boursin into the dates. Have your toothpicks nearby and ready to go as well.
Firstly, scoop a small amount of the cheese into the dates, about a teaspoon.
Next, take a half piece of bacon and wrap it around the date and secure with a toothpick.
Repeat with the remaining dates. Thus, you should have enough Boursin cheese to fill all 28 dates and 14 strips (28 half strips) of bacon.
If you’re planning on baking these later, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. However, if you are baking immediately, line a baking sheet with heavy duty foil and bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through. You want the bacon to be crispy.
Moreover, I love that these dates are great served warm or at room temperature. Give this simple Bacon Wrapped Dates appetizer a try for your next get together. You’re going to love them!
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 1 pound bacon strips, cut in half (about 14 strips, 28 halved)
- 5.2 ounce container Boursin Cheese (I like the garlic and herbs flavor)
- 28 dates, pitted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with heavy duty foil, set aside.
- Prepare your date making station by laying out the 28 strips of bacon (14 halved), the Boursin, and the dates. Cut long slits into the side of the date (remove the pit if not already pitted). Use a small spoon to stuff about a teaspoon of cheese into the date. Wrap a piece of bacon around the date and secure with toothpick. Repeat with remaining dates.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping dates halfway through, until bacon is crispy. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Sign up and get simple delicious recipes to your inbox!
Looking for a great baking pan? I love my Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet from Amazon.
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!