The BEST Valentine’s Day M&M Cookies recipe out there! Soft batch cookies made with Valentine M&M’s and vanilla pudding mix, this is the perfect way to say “I love you, Valentine!”
Cook up some love this Valentine’s Day with these super simple and delicious soft batch Valentine’s Day M&M Cookies. This one-bowl cookie recipe couldn’t be any easier to make and is guaranteed to make all your valentines so happy this year!
So what makes this cookie so special. For starters, it’s super soft batch. The key to getting this delicious melt-in-your-mouth texture is adding a package of instant vanilla pudding mix. This little trick keeps the cookies moist and gives them so much flavor.
How to Make Valentine’s Day M&M Cookies
Love that you can make this entire cookie in one bowl! The ingredients and instructions couldn’t be easier.
First, cream the butter and sugars. Next add in the eggs and vanilla. Then add the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in the white chocolate chips and some of the M&M’s and scoop the batter on the cookie sheets. To keep your cookies uniform in size, I recommend using a cookie scoop like this Solula Cookie Scoop from Amazon.
To really make the colors of the M&M’s pop for Valentine’s Day, I like to save some and press them into the tops of the cookies before I put them in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
How to Make-Ahead Drop Cookies
Drop cookies, like these Valentine’s M&M Cookies, are perfect to make ahead and freeze. To do so, form dough balls on to a cookie sheet or plate (whatever will fit in your freezer) but make sure they don’t touch. Freeze and then transfer to ziplock bags and store in freezer until ready to bake.
Keep in mind that drop cookies can be baked straight from the freezer (no need to unthaw) but may require an extra minute or two of cooking time.
If you prefer to bake your cookies and then freeze them, just be sure the cookies are completely cooled before transferring to the freezer. Also remember to store them in airtight containers.
Drop cookies that freeze well include:
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Malted Cookies
- Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Cookies
So surprise your valentine this year with these delicious and easy to make-ahead Valentine’s Day M&M Cookies. Whip up a batch today!
Valentine’s Day M&M Cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix (like Jell-O)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Valentine’s Day M&M’s (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars with a handheld mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add in the pudding mix, flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Fold in white chocolate chips and ¾ cups of M&M’s.
- Using a cookie scoop, measure out equal balls of dough and place on baking sheet. Flatten slightly while pressing in remaining M&M’s on top of the cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire baking rack.
Be sure to sign up for the newsletter today!