Healthy and flavorful Beet Salad with Feta and Garbanzo Beans is a make-ahead must! Don’t miss this delicious side dish recipe that is so easy to make and great for parties, barbecues, or brunch.
If you are looking for a refreshing and healthy side dish to serve at your next get together, this is it. If you don’t think you a fan of beets, don’t let that sway you either. This salad is flavorful perfect as a lettuce topper or by itself.
If you are looking for another delicious and easy to make-ahead salad, don’t miss my Asian Noodle Salad. Made with whole wheat noodles, cabbage, and a tasty tangy peanut dressing.
How to Make Beet Salad
Super simple, this Beet Salad uses the vacuumed-packed beets that you find in the produce section of the grocery store. I normally buy mine at Trader Joe’s but have even seen them offered at Costco. They are perfectly cooked and taste just like you boiled the beets yourself.
However, if you prefer to use fresh beets, just peel and bake in a foil packet until tender. You could also boil them as well. Check out a great tutorial on How to Cook Beets (4 Easy Methods). Point being, don’t let the idea of beets or cooking beets sway you from making this tasty salad.
Firstly, to make the salad just dice the cooked beets in to chunks. Add in the drained and rinsed garbanzo beans, diced celery, and red onion.
Secondly, in a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the beets, onion, and celery and toss to combine. Lastly, add in the feta cheese and gently toss to combine. That’s it!
You can make this Beet Salad up to a day in advance. If making in advance, it’s best to add the feta right before serving so that it doesn’t break up too much ahead of time.
Beet Salad with Feta and Garbanzo Beans
- 1 pound steamed and peeled beets, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 15 ounce can Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup celery, finely diced
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the beets, beans, onion, and celery. If serving immediately, add the feta, otherwise toss in the feta before serving.
- Make the dressing: combine all ingredients and whisk. Add the dressing to the salad and toss gently to combine.