Cadbury Mini Eggs Cookies are the sure to be your new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe! These candy covered eggs give the cookies are delicious crunch and flavor, and they’re ready in just 20 minutes!
If you love the Cadbury Mini Eggs you get at Easter, then this is the recipe for you. It combines the soft chewy flavors of a cookie with the sweet candy-coated crunch you love from mini eggs.
If you’ve never had a Cadbury mini egg before, you are missing out. It’s a delicious egg-shaped chocolate that’s coated in a colorful candy shell. Sadly, they are only available during Easter season, so it’s necessary to eat as many as you can while you can!
For more Easter treats, be sure to try this Italian Easter Bread or Rice Krispie Easter Treats – another recipe featuring Cadbury Mini Eggs!
Why Cadbury Mini Eggs Cookies are the BEST!
If you love Cadbury Mini Eggs, this will be your new favorite cookie guaranteed! Soft and sweet chocolate chip cookies that feature that undeniable deliciousness you only get from Cadbury Mini Eggs.
This recipe comes together quick and is great for your Easter celebration. The colors from the mini eggs make the cookies extra festive and perfect for a dessert table.
Cadbury chocolate along with the crunch of the candy shell give these cookies a delicious texture. The result is melt-in-your-mouth cookie that is guaranteed to be your new favorite Easter treat.
So if you are looking for a fun and easy treat to make for the season, give these cookies a try. One bite and you’ll agree that they are the best!
This recipe for Cadbury Mini Eggs Cookies uses ingredients you probably already have on hand. For this recipe you will need the cookie basics such as butter, sugar, flour, vanilla, baking soda, and chocolate chips, plus some additional ingredients. Here are some notes on the ingredients:
- Butter: be sure to use room temperature unsalted butter so that the ingredients mix together well.
- Chocolate Chips: here, I recommend using semi-sweet chocolate chips. However, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate would all be delicious.
- Cadbury Mini Eggs: you will need to lightly crush the eggs before folding them into the batter. To do so, place the mini eggs in a zip top bag and gently crush with a rolling pin or pan. I only crush them so they break in half, rather than shatter into small pieces.
Read on to see how easy it is to make these delicious Easter cookies!
How to Make Cadbury Mini Eggs Cookies
If you love Cadbury Mini Eggs, you are in for a real treat. This tasty recipe comes together in minutes and is a great addition to your Easter dessert menu!
To start, you will need to line two baking pans with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats. Preheat the oven and get out your mixing bowls.
Step 1: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
Step 2: In a large bowl, use a handheld mixer to cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Then, mix in the flour mixture until well combined.
Step 3: Fold in the crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs and chocolate chips. This will be a thick batter, so do the best you can to incorporate the ingredients.
Step 4: Once the batter is complete, scoop the dough on to the lined baking sheets using either a cookie scoop or spoon.
Bake the cookies for in a preheated oven for about 12 minutes. You want the cookies to be golden in color, but be careful not to over bake them.
Let the cookies cool on the baking pan for about 5 minutes. Then move to cooling rack to let cool completely… if you can wait that long!
Recipe Tips and FAQs
One bite and these Cadbury Mini Eggs Cookies are sure to become a your new favorite cookie. Follow these tips and tricks to get the best cookies every time.
- Don’t crush the Cadbury Mini Eggs too much. Leave large chunks of the candy so that you can really get the flavor in the cookie. I like to crush mine just so it splits in half.
- For the chocolate chips, use semi-sweet if you have them. If not, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate would work great.
- Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to a week. You can also freeze for up to a month.
Sadly, no. In the United States, these eggs are only available around Easter time, usually a month or two before the holiday. Be sure to pick up as many as you can and store them in the freezer to keep them fresh.
The secret to why Cadbury Mini Eggs are so good is because of the chocolate. Cadbury has markets in countries around the world, and Cadbury Canada is responsible for these tasty mini eggs. According to Cadbury, they source their cocoa from Ghana in West Africa and has a their chocolate has a deep rich flavor that can’t be found anywhere else.
More Cookie Recipes
If you love cookies (don’t we all) be sure to try these fan favorites that are great any time of year! And, if you love baking with candies, be sure to try the BEST M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Cadbury Mini Eggs Cookies
- 2 mixing bowls
- baking sheet
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour (219 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Cadbury Mini Eggs, lightly crushed (about a 9 ounce package)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use a handheld mixer to mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes. Mix in the egg and vanilla until well combined. Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs and chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Using either a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop the batter onto the cookie sheets (you should get about 24 cookies total) leaving about 2 inches between the cookies. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the cookies just begin to turn golden in color; be careful not to over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- To crush the Cadbury Mini Eggs, place them in a large zip top bag and use a rolling pin or pan to break them up. I like to keep the pieces fairly large so there are big chunks of the eggs in each cookie.
- Be careful not to over bake the cookies. You want to pull them out of the oven when they just start to turn color.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Do you mix the egg, vanilla then flour into butter/sugar mix using the hand held mixer or just with a spoon? What size cookie scoop? Do they spread whilst cooking? Thanks
Mix together the wet ingredients (egg, vanilla, butter, sugar) then add the flour to that mixture… you can use a handheld mixer on low speed. I use a small standard sized cookie scoop. Or you can just use a about a tablespoon and a half measurement. They will spread about an inch all around. Enjoy!
Love this twist on a regular chocolate chip cookie! These look absolutely perfect for Easter! Can’t wait to make them soon!
The perfect treat for easter. My boys are going to love these
I am dying to try these!! This is such a good idea and perfect for leftover Easter candy!
Yummy! Can’t wait to make this for Easter Sunday!
These are perfect for Easter! I love the addition of the chocolate eggs!