Blueberry Banana Oat Bars
Your new favorite way to use up ripe bananas! This healthy and simple recipe for Blueberry Banana Oat Bars is so easy and tasty. Make ahead and have a delicious and healthful breakfast or snack at any time.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a bowl, stir together the bananas, egg, and brown sugar. Add in the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, and mix to combine. Pour half of the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the blueberries over the batter then pour the remaining batter over the blueberries.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until bars are set and a toothpick inserted in the bars comes out clean. Let cool slightly before cutting.
- Make ahead and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Can also be frozen for up to two months.
- Feel free to substitute other berries for the blueberries.
- To make gluten-free, use ground up oats in place of the whole wheat flour.
- Make even healthier by adding 2 tablespoons chia seeds and flax seeds to the batter.
- To make vegan, substitute maple syrup for the brown sugar and omit the egg altogether.