Chicken Broccoli Rice Ritz Casserole
The ultimate comfort food! This cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice casserole is topped with crunchy Ritz Crackers for a taste that just can't be beat.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed* (from about 2 breasts)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups cooked white rice (from about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 10.5 ounce can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (like Cambell's)
- 1 cup sour cream (can substitute greek yogurt)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 sleeves Ritz Crackers, lightly crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (one stick)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a casserole dish or 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together the cooked chicken, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Mix in the broccoli, white rice, soup, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
Sprinkle the crushed Ritz Crackers overtop of the chicken mixture. Pour the melted butter over the crackers. Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, until casserole is bubbly. If it starts to brown too quickly, place foil overtop. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
This entire dish can be made ahead and baked prior to serving. Also makes for delicious leftovers.
*For the chicken you could substitute cubed rotisserie chicken. To cook the chicken, you can either boil, bake, or grill until just cooked through.
For the white rice, simple bring two cups of water to a boil and add in one cup of white rice. Simmer until al dente. This should yield three cups cooked rice.