Peanut butter lovers rejoice because there is nothing more satisfying than this recipe for Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies. Think muddy buddies but made just for peanut butter fans. Easy and delicious, you are going to love this tasty treat!
This simple and tasty snack is guaranteed to win the praises of anyone who tries it. But warning, these are highly addictive!
If you have a peanut butter lover in your life, then you need to make this snack. I have a whole bunch of them so this Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies recipe never seems to last long in my house.
This is also a fantastic recipe for gifting. Skip the wine and bring a bowl of this tasty snack next time you need a hostess or a thank you gift.
What are Muddy Buddies?
What is a Muddy Buddy? This delicious snack is known by many different names: muddy buddies, puppy chow, monkey munch, or reindeer chow.
Delicious with a salty sweet bite, this no-bake snack mix is the BEST! The traditional Muddy Buddies Recipe is made with Chex cereal, chocolate, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
This snack mix has many different variations, adding M&M’s, candy corn, pretzels, and nuts. Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies are a tribute to my favorite flavors including Reese’s Pieces and salty pretzels.
Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies Recipe
This recipe is super simple to make with no baking required! Additionally, feel free to substitute items and use what you like.
Here, I used Peanut Butter Chex cereal, Reese’s Cereal, Reese’s Pieces, pretzel rods, and lightly salted peanuts. You could easily substitute regular Chex, pretzel rounds, almonds, whatever you like or have on hand.
Firstly, combine the cereals, pretzel sticks, Reese’s Pieces, and peanuts together in a bowl. Stir them together to combine (clean hands work well for this).
Secondly, make the drizzle to pour over the muddy buddies. For this, just microwave white melting chocolate according to package instructions. Moreover, if you don’t have white melting chocolate like Wilton’s, you can substitute 4 ounces of white chocolate chips. Next, stir in the peanut butter and melted butter and drizzle over top of the snack mix.
Using clean hands or a spoon, toss together the mixture until combined. Divide the muddy buddies between two gallon-sized ziplock bags. Next, add into each bag a ¼ cup of powdered sugar and ½ cup of chocolate chips. Then, close bag and gently shake to combine.
Lastly, pour the muddy buddies onto a large parchment-lined baking sheet to dry slightly.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Looking for more Easy Treats Recipes?
- Birthday Cake Truffles are an amazing 4-ingredient no bake treat made with golden Oreos.
- No Bake Chocolate Coconut Cookies are simple to make and taste just like and Almond Joy bar.
- Donut and Fruit Kabob Skewers make the perfect treat for a kids party or after school snack.
Be sure to comment below if you try this recipe. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies
- 2 resealable food storage bags
- 4 cups Peanut Butter Chex Cereal (can also use plain Chex)
- 2 cups Reese's Puffs Cereal
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1 cup lighly salted peanuts
- 8 ounces white melting chocolate (like Wilton's or any baking bars)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup powdered sugar, divided
- In a very large bowl combine the cereals, pretzels, Reese's Pieces, and peanuts. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the white chocoate according to package instructions, until mlted and chocolate can be stirred smooth. Remove from microwave and stir in the peanut butter and melted butter. Pour over the cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated (clean hands work well here).
- Place half of the cereal mixture in each of the large resealable food storage bags. In each of the bags add ½ a cup of chocolate chips and ¼ cup of powdered sugar. Seal the bags and toss the cereal mixture until evenly coated with powdered sugar.
- Spread the cereal mixture on to parchment paper or a baking sheet to cool and dry slightly.
What a great kid friendly snack! I think I may even let the grands help me make them.
You had me at “peanut butter!” My kids (and I) love peanut butter, so I can’t wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!
Now this is the recipe to make this long weekend. And I better have a bigger jar for it. Looks so yum!
Such a fun and easy recipe. Perfect snack when working from home.
These peanut butter muddy buddies are so addictive! I love the flavor and can’t get enough of them!