Asparagus Tart with Ricotta and Lemon is an easy and crowd-pleasing recipe that requires little work and is so elegant. Great as an appetizer or side dish, don’t miss this delicious tart!
What I love about this Asparagus Tart is that it could be a side dish, appetizer, or main course. Plus it incorporates veggies, so that’s always a plus! And the fact that it’s all on puff pastry, double plus!!
To make this ahead, I trim the asparagus and prepare the ricotta spread, refrigerating both over night. Other than that, you will need to bake it the day of serving. But the good thing is that this can be served warm or at room temperature. So no need to stress if it’s the first thing you bake and it cools slightly.
How to Make Asparagus Tart
Firstly, roll out the puff pastry on parchment paper, about an inch on all sides. Transfer to a baking sheet. Egg wash the edges. Prepare the filling and spread over the center of the puff pastry.
Next, trim the asparagus and add to the top of the Asparagus Tart. You can use left over pieces to fill in any gaps. Lastly, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
Bake at 425 degrees for 18-20 or until puff pastry is browned and golden.
Cut into 12 pieces and serve warm or at room temperature.
Additionally, you can make it with part skim ricotta as well to cut back on calories. The lemon really brings out all of the flavors, and it’s definitely a dish your guests will ask for again and again. Check out this beautiful HIC Harold Import White Porcelain Platter on Amazon to serve it on.
Great appetizer to have on hand for holidays, brunches, or Christmas Eve dinner. Enjoy!
Roasted Asparagus and Ricotta Tart
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of 17.3 ounce package, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Garlic and Herbs Spreadable Cheese like Boursin or Rondele
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 425 degrees; place oven rack in lower third of oven. Unfold pastry onto piece of parchment paper and roll 1/2 inch bigger on all sides. Slide parchment and pastry onto baking sheet. In medium bowl, beat egg. Lightly brush 1/2-inch border of egg around pastry.
- Add ricotta, garlic and herbs cheese, and salt, pepper, and lemon zest into bowl with remaining egg. Mix well then fold in scallions. Spread onto pastry, leaving 1/2 inch border uncovered.
- Top filling with asparagus using remaining pieces to fill in any empty spaces; drizzle with olive oil. Bake until crust is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
This Asparagus Tart is incredible and the addition of the Garlic and Herbs Cheese really adds to the flavor depth. In my opinion, this is definitely a recipe worth checking out. Enjoy this Asparagus Tart with a chilled glass of white wine and my Brussel Sprouts Salad for a healthy and delicious lunch with friends.